GDPR is an acronym for General Data Protection Regulation that was made effective by the European Union on the 25th of May, 2018. The law was formulated and executed with an intention to protect data for all the European Union member states. The law majorly was crafted to take care of the following;
- Reinforce privacy as a basic human right
- Ensure that companies that are entrusted with people’s private data are accountable for it.
- Ensure people have rights over how their personal information is being utilized.
Someone may ask, what is this personal data that is being protected? According to GDPR, personal data comprises any information regarding a natural person. The GDPR refers to any information that can be traced back and get associated with a particular human being as personal data.
In layman’s language, any personal information such as name, address, phone number, email address, financial information, Identification number, date of birth , IP address, physica location, browsing history among others. Personal data could also be someones physical, mental, social, economic, cultural status.
What are people’s rights according to GDPR?
- Individuals have the right to access their personal information as retained by a company. They are entitled to the knowledge of how their information is being used.
- People should be allowed to correct or remove bits or all of their issued personal information on a need basis.
- An individual has the right to limit the usage of their personal information based on whatever reasons they have.
- They have the right to receive their information in a favorable format.
Does SpireMinds Comply with the GDPR?
- We are open about the information we acquire from our customers and how we use it.
- We also have a customer care support that will assist all spireminds customers to fulfill the GDPR related issues that you may acquire from your contacts once you host your website.
- About us sending you our newsletters and messages, we only do that if you subscribe for the same otherwise we won’t send them randomly.
We would also like to mention that our technical team will have access to personal data of domain names for our customers on a need basis. This is when our customers ask for support or assistance from our end. However, such instances will be called for legally upon the customer’s consent.
We hope this article has set your mind at ease regarding various questions pertaining to the security of your data. Choose any of our plans and get 100% security guaranteed for your personal data.